VIDEO: What are Stablecoins?
We’re excited to continue the Coinmama intro to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency series, in conjunction with Cointelligence Academy, with more videos! Join us as we dive into the world of Stablecoins for a better understanding of what they are and how they’re used.
What are Stablecoins?
In this video, we’ll explore the following:
- How we define money, including as a medium of exchange, a unit of account, and a store of value.
- Are cryptocurrencies money as we define it?
- How Stablecoins combine the benefits of cryptocurrency with those of fiat currencies
- How Stablecoins solve the growing pains exhibited by cryptocurrency today.
- How Stablecoins function
- Types of Stablecoins
A full introduction to cryptocurrency
Our full introduction to cryptocurrency video series presented by Cointelligence Academy gives users a deeper understanding of the new currency available to our world. If you missed the first parts of our series, you can check them out below:
- Part 1: Background & Intro to Bitcoin. How Bitcoin came to be, from the history of money to the blockchain.
- Part 2: Bitcoin Mining & Wallets. Learn how new Bitcoins are generated.
- Part 3: Crypto Market Overview. Discover the world altcoins, including Litecoin and Ethereum.
- Part 4: Crypto Market Metrics and Aggregators. Go deeper into crypto markets and understand how they compare to other global markets.
- Part 5: Choosing a Bitcoin Wallet. Understand how to safely and properly store your coins.
Our Bitcoin video series is appropriate for both new and experienced users.